Make Sure You and Your Mercedes are Prepared This Winter
Welcome back to the Kudos Import and Performance blog! In our previous post, we went over some essential items that St. Charles residents should keep in their Mercedes this winter to ensure that that they are never left out in the cold. While we will perform all necessary import maintenance that you may require, occasionally mother nature will still throw you a vehicular issue curveball. As a result, it is smart to be prepared in the event that you experience issues with your import vehicle this winter.
These Items Will Keep You Safe This Winter
As we all know, driving in St. Charles during the winter can lead to some encounters with some pretty hazardous roads. While our great city does as much as they can to ensure that the roads are properly de-iced, some roads still offer dangerous conditions to drivers. However, keeping the items listed below stocked in your vehicle can greatly increase your level of safety when navigating St. Charles this winter.
- Road Flares: Although most people have probably never considered keeping flares in their Mercedes, having some could be very beneficial in certain situations. If you happen to wreck during a heavy snowstorm, road flares will allow you to easily identify where you and your vehicle are.
- Spare Clothes: While a blanket should be your first choice when trying to keep warm in a stalled-out vehicle, extra winter clothes can come in handy if you need to walk to the nearest gas station or rest stop. The key to winter clothing is layers, so be sure to have items that you can slip over the clothes you already have on.
- Sand Bag: This item serves two functions. First of all, a bag of sand located in the trunk of your Mercedes will add a little extra weight to your vehicle increasing its overall traction. Secondly, the sand can be spread around your tires if you find yourself in a position where your Mercedes in unable to gain traction on a surface.
- Tire Sealant: The only thing worse than having to change a tire on your Mercedes is having to change a tire on your Mercedes when it is 1 degree outside. While tire sealant will not completely solve the issue of a flat tire, it will allow you to make it somewhere where you can more easily tend to the tire damage.
- A Flashlight: While this is another one of those items that you should always have in your vehicle, a flashlight can become very important during the winter. As we all know, the sun sets much earlier in the winter than in the summer. If you happen to run into some vehicular trouble after the sun has already set, having a flashlight will allow you to more easily see what you are doing.
We hope that these items will make their way into your Mercedes this winter as we feel that they could really come in handy during unfortunate situations. If you already have all of these items in your Mercedes, come over to Kudos Import and Performance and lets us give your Mercedes a quick maintenance check. As the import maintenance experts, we have the knowledge, tools, and experience to service all aspects of your import vehicle.