As an import auto owner, you know how important your car is to you. When your prized vehicle doesn’t run as smoothly as she should be, you know to get her checked out as soon as possible.
However, what about the maintenance you need before your car starts acting strangely? Every car, whether it be a Porsche, a BMW, or a Rolls-Royce needs fluids to be able to glide down the road at full power and strength. Here are the six fluids your import auto needs:
- Engine oil: Your engine oil lubricates the engine to reduce friction and make sure your engine does not overheat.
- Transmission fluid: Much like the engine oil, your transmission fluid lubricates and cools the transmission. It also helps you shift gears to reach those high speeds you and your car love so much.
- Antifreeze: Like the name suggests, this fluid prevents your engine from freezing in those St. Charles winters. It can also prevent the water in your radiator from boiling as well! If that’s not enough, it also prevents corrosion and lubricates the water pump.
- Washer fluid: Never underestimate the power of washer fluid on your imported vehicle. It’s not just soap and water; your washer fluid includes methanol to break down those bugs that can get stuck after a nice cruise down the highway.
- Power steering fluid: Power steering fluid is pressurized to help you turn your vehicle around those tight corners with ease. Make sure this task is as smooth as possible by keeping your power steering fluid full.
- Brake fluid: This fluid is pressurized to activate your brakes. When you press that brake pedal, fluid is pushed into hoses that move to the braking unit in your vehicle.
No one who values his or her imported auto would let these fluids drop to dangerous levels. Come see St. Charles’ imported auto experts at Luxury Import Auto Repair Specialist for all of your fluid and service maintenance needs.